Theistic Evolution and Old Earth Creationism? Exodus 20:11 is the answer!

You will be someone who will live a life predicated on either circumstances or choices. 

Circumstances come and they go. Some are good, some bad, but it is not the circumstances of life that define your life, it is the choices you make when confronted with them.   If you allow circumstances to rule in your life, you have missed the point of existence.  God made man with the ability to choose, an awful ability and a huge responsibility that we completely screwed up at the beginning.   However, that is what beginnings are, they are NOT the endings.   You are writing the novel of your life right now.  Every new chapter, every twist and turn of the plot brings choices your way.   What will you do with your choices?   That is who you are, the sum total of your choices made over a lifetime.  





credit


As Paul McCartney wrote and sang with Linda and the group they had formed, Wings.   The video has a short clip of Paul and Linda riding horses near the end.   

No one else will ever see
how much faith you have in me,
Only fools would disagree that it's so,
Some people never know.

Like a fool I'm faraway,
ev'ry night I hope and pray
I'll be coming home to stay and it's so,
Some people never know.

Some people can sleep at nightime,
believing that love is a lie.
I'm only a person like you, love,
and who in the world can be right
all the right time.
I know I was wrong, make me right, right.

Only love can stand the test,
only you outshine the rest,
Only fools take second best, but it's so,
Some People never know.

Today I was reading the Bible with my wife.    I have the wonderful blessing of being completely and hopelessly in love with my wife, by the way.   We were reading Exodus 19 and 20.   That is when it hit me.   There is a place in the Bible that completely kills off Theistic Evolution and Old Earth Creationism.   I just realized it myself!   Because in Exodus 20 it is the voice of God speaking directly to the people as He speaks to Moses and the Israelites:

" For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."

For years of posting I have gone over the meaning of the word, "YOM" in the Genesis account of creation and shown that the word used in the context MUST be a 24 hour day.  I've shared various theories of various scientists like Dr. Russell Humphreys and Moshe Carmeli.   I've pointed out that God has both stretched and is stretching the Universe according to the Bible.   I've given you information that makes it difficult to imagine that the Solar System and the planets could possibly more than thousands of years old.   All this time discussing scientific and historical and scriptural reasoning to reconcile the idea of a Universe with an appearance of age and the Biblical account.

But then I saw Exodus 20:11 and it hit me right between the eyes.  God is not hindered by time, it is no barrier to Him!   Therefore on one day He could not only create the lights, he could traverse time and go back exactly as many years as necessary to begin each and every star and nebular formation at the time necessary so their light would all arrive at planet Earth on day four of creation.   Obviously, since He made plants on the third day, if He had not made the Sun on day four the plants would get no light and would die.   God didn't need to make light with an appearance of age and stretch it back to the source of light however many millions or billions of light years away!   He could actually go back in time and make all of them on day four.  Is anything too hard for God?

Genesis 1:14-19 -   "Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;  and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so.  Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.  God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,  and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.  So the evening and the morning were the fourth day."
  
Science and Christianity do not need to be at odds.  But science needs to learn from the Bible because it is the historical reference that comes before all others and is the only reliable account of the beginning of all things.   We cannot travel back in time to see what happened, so we must take the eyewitness account as evidence.   Genesis was written down by Moses at the behest of God and no doubt was based on the written family history of the descendents of Adam and Eve on down through the generation of Moses and Aaron.   We should believe the words and heed them.   Mankind is fallible.  We keep changing what is considered factual.  But if God be God, He does not make mistakes.

I have found true love.   I truly believed that if Paul McCartney, a rock musician living a life of pleasure and a string of random groupies and drugs, could find true and lasting love, so could I!  He found Linda, I found Debbie.   Best of all, I found God!  Jesus Christ is indeed the Lord of all and the One Who created all things!


credit

It is said that Paul and Linda only spent seven days apart in all the days of their married lives until the day she succumbed to cancer.   They were true to each other and devoted to love and family.   I am afraid that Paul and Linda did not come to know Jesus Christ, so they only had the temporal version of love to share.   I would like to be wrong about that, I would love to think that Paul and Linda would both make it to Heaven and be part of the mighty chorus of praise to God!  No one knows another heart, so I cannot be sure of Paul and Linda McCartney.  I just know they loved each other under the Sun in this life.

Now I have a wife and a family and we are truly devoted to each other.  In fact, I am pretty sure my wife and I have spent less than seven full days apart in total in all these years.   Love is fun and serious and silly and wonderful and greater than money or fame or power!  Love resists temptation, it overcomes obstacles and it overcomes evil with good.   My wife and I love God and each other and we love our family and our friends and we do our best to love others.   Even when I speak harshly to commenters it is because I love them and want them to come to their senses!   If I make a thousand people angry with me and even one of them comes to know God thereby it is worth all the recriminations and personal attacks.  Water meets back of duck.  Let them complain, but may the Truth get through!

Yes, there is a greater love.  There is love in the world because God is love.   The love of God created the Universe and all that is in it.   For love He created mankind and for love He willingly bore all shame and sin and punishment and pain and humiliation and went down into death so that He could lead us all out of death and into eternal life and an eternal love relationship with our Creator.

Christians, we need to decide if we will be devoted to God and believe what He says?   Evidence has shown us that organisms are designed and that the Solar System is young.   So can we afford to doubt that God was perfectly capable of creating the entire Universe in one day?   Is your God too small for that?   For centuries the best scientists all believed in God and all therefore believed the Universe could be studied and understood and that mankind could use knowledge to make life better for mankind.   Darwinism caused science and scientists to lose their way.  Time to come on home!
   
When I get to Heaven I know guys like Isaac Newton and Lord Kelvin will be there ahead of me.  Werhner Von Braun will ask my what took me so long?   My Dad will welcome me after so many years gone from this Earth.   Death is not scary to me, it is simply a step up from mortality to immortality and from a connection to God to continual presence WITH GOD FOREVER!  Just to be with the Creator will be more than enough.

Sadly, some people never know.